My very good friend Beerfoodie nominated me for this award. I’m touched that I made it to her list of 5 nominees and would like to say a big thank you. If you haven’t checked out her blog, I urge you to. I promise you won’t be disappointed. I mean it’s about beer and food! What is there not to like?!
The Liebster award is awarded to bloggers with under 1000 followers to try to promote their blog a little and also bring together a community of bloggers.
As part of the acceptance, there are 5 tasks I must complete:
1. LINK back to the person who nominated you;
2. SHARE 11 facts about yourself;
3. ANSWER 11 questions set by your nominator;
4. NOMINATE 5-11 people who you think deserves the Liebster Award.
5. ASK your nominees 11 questions.
6. AFTER YOU PUBLISH your Liebster post, go to your nominee’s blog and let them know you have nominated them.
So let’s begin with my 11 random facts…..
1. I’m originally from Jamaica, as in born there, went to school there and speak Patois fluently.
2. I’ve lived in 4 countries so far…Jamaica, UK, Isle of Man and Luxembourg.
3. I taught myself to knit by watching Youtube videos.
4. I was a cheerleader in high school.
5. I love reading. In fact when I was in high school, my school library limited my visits, because I was getting through their limited supply of non-academic books too quickly. They rationed me to 3 books per week. The inhumanity! haha.
6. I detest onions. I’ve tried, but I just don’t like them.
7. I only started eating mushrooms a few years ago. Now, I have no idea why I didn’t before. Garlic mushrooms on toast is divine!
8. I love fish. I could eat fish all day every day!
9. I love spicy food. I’m Jamaican though, so that one is a given. A Jamaican who doesn’t like spicy is a rare occurrence.
10. I’m 5ft 1.1…the point 1 is very important!
11. I love travelling. So far, not counting the ones I’ve lived in, I’ve been to Guernsey, USA, Croatia, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, France, Spain, Italy, Sweden, The Netherlands, Ireland, Wales.
And now to answer the questions from Beerfoodie….
1) What is your favourite beer? (if you don’t drink beer – general drink)
The clear winner for me is Hoegaarden. I like it because it’s light and refreshing and feels like a party on my tongue.
2) What is your favourite food?
Can I cheat and say foods? It’s too hard to say just one. I’d say Japanese and Thai are probably my favourite. I love all the flavours they use and love the fact that they’re not afraid to add a spicy kick to their meals.
3) What is your favourite cocktail?
Has to be a mojito for me. A well made mojito is the best it can get for me.
4) What is your favourite place to be?
Somewhere by the sea. I love the smell of the sea air and the sounds of the waves
5) What is your favourite song?
I’m actually not sure if I have one. If I do, it’s probably something by Prince or Michael Jackson
6) How do you find new ideas to blog about?
I have one simple rule, if I get excited about it, I’ll blog it. Usually my ideas stem from me just being excited and wanting to share it. I don’t really sit and have a brainstorm session.
7) Why did you start a blog?
It initially started as a way for me to document my progress with learning to knit. However, as time went on, it evolved into being more than that. It became a place for me to express myself.
8) What are you hoping to achieve with your blog?
I’ve sort of already achieved it. When I started, I really didn’t think anyone would be interested to read what I wrote. Turns out I was wrong and there are people out there who do find what I have to say of interest.
9) If you could spend a day with any person, dead or alive, who would it be?
Nelson Mandela because I’d love to ask him how he found the strength to forgive and let go when most who went through what he did would’ve probably given up on people and the world.
10) What is your favourite work of art? (leave a link please)
The Vitruvian man by Leonarda Da Vinci
11) What would you do if you won €1 million?
I’d give the people closest to me enough to treat themselves to something they want. Then I’d buy a house and use the rest to set up my own business.
Questions for Nominees..
1. If you could live anywhere where would it be and why?
2. Why did you start blogging?
3. Besides blogging, what other hobbies do you have?
4. What is your favourite book and why?
5.What is your favourite musical decade?
6. What types of blogs do you like?
7. What would be your dream job?
8. What are you hoping to achieve with your blog?
9. Who is someone who inspires you?
10. What is your favourite film?
11. What always makes you smile?