If you know me, you know that I never really have snack food in my apartment. This is great for making sure you eat healthily but for those days when you want to have a quick snack it’s a nightmare. Today is one of those days. It’s cold outside and I fancy indulging myself with a snack.
Cue my rummaging through my cupboard and fridge to see what I actually have to make a quick snack. That is when I noticed the eggs…another anomaly in my apartment as i don’t really buy eggs because i don’t really eat them. I’m allergic to them loosely cooked so tend to avoid it altogether. My first thought was omelette but then I spotted the ready roll pastry and I thought it’d be rude not to make a Quiche really. I love Quiche because they are so simple and yet so filling at the same time.
This is not from a recipe. I just made it up as I went along. If you want to try to make it here is what you’ll need and how to make it.
Ready roll puff pastry (you can make your own if you want)
Bacon bits (bacon rashers will work just as well)
2 baby courgettes
2 baby sweetcorn
Grated mature cheddar
How to make it
1) Add the eggs, a pinch of chopped parsley and a pinch of pepper to a bowl and whisk together
2) Chop half of the bell pepper, courgettes and the sweetcorn and add to the whisked egg
3) Cut the tomatoes in half and add to the egg mixture
4) Add the bacon to the bowl with the whisked egg.
5) Place the ready roll pastry into a small oven dish and add the mixture
6) Add the wilted spinach and top with the grated parmesan and cheddar
7) Pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees celsius and place the dish with the mixture in the oven. Leave to bake for 25-30 mins
8) Once baked leave to cool and then enjoy.
This is how mine turned out. Not bad for a made up recipe if I do say so myself 🙂