I love prawns and I love risotto, so on Monday night for dinner I though why not combine them and make something yummy?! I know some people hear the word risotto and start thinking “no it’s complicated”. Honestly though, risottos are so easy! All it takes is a little bit of patience as you need to literally watch it cook and you can have a yummy and very filling meal.
Apologies again i’m rubbish at doing measurements but where I think it’s necessary to know measurement i’ve given a rough guide of how much i’d use.
1 cup risotto rice
knob of garlic butter (homemade or shop bought it doesn’t matter)
350 ml chicken stock
6 Frozen tiger prawns
about 1 handful of courgette cut into cubes
small handful of bell pepper roughly cut
handful of roughly chopped pak choi
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Melt the garlic butter in a pan over a medium heat
2. Reduce the heat and add the risotto rice and slowly mix to coat the rice in the butter.
3. Using a ladle, slowly add the chicken stock. Stir occasionally to prevent rice sticking to the pan and do not add a new ladle of stock until the previous amount has been fully absorbed. Keep doing this until the rice is cooked (approx 20 mins).
3. Stir in about 2 heaped tablespoons of creme fraiche
4. Stir in the grated parmesan
5. Add the vegetables and the prawn. Cook for a further 5 mins or until vegetables and prawn are cooked. Remember to keep stirring to avoid the rice sticking.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste and remove from heat.
Then all you have to do is enjoy!